EIC & COY Submissions
Excellence in Construction
The Excellence in Construction awards program is the industry’s leading competition, developed to honor innovative and high-quality Merit Shop construction projects. The award honors all construction team members, including the contractor, owner, architect and engineer. The project entries are judged on complexity, attractiveness, overcoming unique challenges, completion time, workmanship, innovation, safety and cost. The overall winner in this GCA competition, will be submitted to compete in the National Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) National Excellence in Construction Awards. The National EIC features excellent project submissions from all ABC Chapters in throughout the United States.
Contractor of the Year Award
The Contractor of the Year Award is open to all GCA contractor members in good standing with no fatalities recorded within the period of November 2021 to October 2022.
The Contractor of the Year Award is awarded to the contractor who most effectively demonstrates the following attributes in 2022:
- A company which has achieved standing and prominence in the field of
- A company which can demonstrate an outstanding record of safety and
one which promotes and implements health and wellness programs for
- A company which adopts environmental responsibility and
- A company which provides quality of work-life, to include professional
development of its workforce through training and promotion
- A company which supports active social responsibility and service to the community of Guam.