SERVICES PROVIDED TO GCA MEMBERS
- Monthly Construction News Bulletin that provides information on
- GCA Activities
- Bid Invitations & Results (Commercial, GovGuam and Federal)
- Alien Labor Reports
- National ABC Updates
- Safety Tool Box Topics
- Member Profiles/Recognition
- Email Bid Announcement Services
- GCA Contractor of the Year Awards (Eligibility to National ABC Competition)
- Affiliate Membership to the Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. (ABC)
- Eligibility in the ABC National Excellence in Construction Awards Program
- S.T.E.P. Safety Award Program
- Eligibility in the National Craft Olympics
- Apprenticeship and Craft Training through GCA Trades Academy
- Group Healthcare Plan through TakeCare
- Group 401k Retirement Plan
- Membership Listing in the GCA Member Directory
- Safety Seminars and Annual Safety Conference
- Interaction with other members, business, and professional organizations through social mixers etc..
- Provides other services and information relating to the construction industry on Guam
- Weekly Podcast and Industry News post on Facebook
GCA is member driven. Members actively engage and participate through the various standing committees.
Construction News Bulletin
The CNB is a monthly publication produced locally. It contains articles covering current issues on Guam, especially those dealing with the Construction Industry, Military News, NAWIC (National Association of Women in Construction), Current Technology in the industry, and News & Training for Small Businesses.
The Membership Directory is GCA’s annual listing of all its members, Contractors and Associates. It lists members by company and by scope of work. The Directory also includes tips for choosing a contractor and relevant government numbers.
Every 3rd Wednesday of the month GCA holds their General Membership Luncheon Meeting. Each month a guest speaker talks about current and upcoming topics and issues.
Small Business Mixers
2 – 3 mixers are hosted annually by the Small Business Committee to let small businesses network with each other and large businesses.
Bi-Annual Trade Fair
The largest gathering of contractors, suppliers and vendors providing an excellent opportunity to showcase your latest in construction technology, equipment, services and supplies available on Guam.
Annual Family Day Picnic
Every year GCA hosts the Family Day Picnic at Ypao Beach so everyone can enjoy a relaxing day at the beach with their families. Enjoy live music, activities for the kids, food, and join the Tug of War competition!
Annual Golf Scholarship Fundraiser
For the past 30 years GCA has held its Annual Golf Tournament to raise funds for GCA Trades Academy scholarships.
Pizza, Pop & Power Tools
PPPT introduces middle and high school girls to the extensive opportunities available to women in the construction industry. This interactive experience has proven to be a fun learning experience in a safe atmosphere and introduces girls to the high skill and high wage employment opportunities in the industry, working side by side with construction professionals.
Construction & Truck Rodeo
The event will feature various activities for professional tradespersons including heavy equipment operators, truck drivers, dump truck drivers, forklift operators, carpenters and electricians. The event is meant to be a fun and entertaining way of showcasing some of the skills of our workforce while helping an organization that caters to those who are not as fortunate to do what we do, the Guam Special Olympics.
Excellence in Construction & Contractor of the Year
All our contractor members have the opportunity to compete for honors in Guam’s construction industry’s premier annual awards program – the GCA Excellence in Construction Awards (EIC) competition – recognizing the outstanding projects of the year. All Category Winners and Runner Ups will be eligible for the national award level.
The Contractor of the Year (COY) is held in conjunction with EIC. The COY Award is awarded to the contractor who most effectively demonstrates the following attributes; has achieved standing and prominence in the field of contracting, demonstrated an outstanding record of safety, adopted environmental responsibility and sustainability, provides professional development of its workforce through training and promotion opportunities, and supports active social responsibility for the community of Guam.
Annual Safety Conference
GCA hosts its Annual Safety Conference so companies can keep their employees up to date with latest safety guidelines, certificates, and equipment.